- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran or flax meal
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or almond meal)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Wet ingredients:
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs (or flax eggs), at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium large organic Autumn Glory apple, grated
- 1 medium large organic Granny Smith apple, grated
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Fold in the grated apples, pecans, and dried cranberries.
- Place 12-16 mounds of dough/batter onto the baking sheet. (I use a regular-sized spring loaded ice cream scoop.) Gently press down and shape edges so the cookies are round.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges and set in the middle. Allow cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet or they may crumble. When completely cool, transfer to a freezer-proof container or bag and freeze until ready to eat. To reheat, place one cookie on a paper towel or plate in the microwave and heat on 50% power for 30-45 seconds. Or allow to sit at room temperature.
To make a flax egg, combine 1 tablespoon flax meal plus 3 tablespoons water. Mix and let stand until thickened. Use as you would an egg.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack