- 2 cup cooked sorghum or quinoa
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1 medium golden beet, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons cold-pressed flaxseed oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Place lettuce on a serving platter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sorghum, shallot, cucumber, beet, oranges, and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, flaxseed oil, cumin, cayenne, and a good pinch sea salt. Pour over the salad. Gently toss to mix. Transfer to a serving platter, if desired. Garnish with the sliced avocado and serve.
- Will keep 1-2 days in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: side dish, salad, main dish