We’ve been on a granola kick lately. My daughters have discovered that they love it more than anything else on top of tangy yogurt or in a bowl with a bit of milk. I’m more for grabbing a handful here and there for a little snack, or dipping apples in almond butter and then coating them in granola. A few years ago I started making Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola. I was amazed how quickly that first batch disappeared! Back then I made peanut butter coated granola with big chunks of milk chocolate , which was good to be sure, but now we favor the granola coated with dark chocolate. (And possibly with chocolate chunks too.)
I’ve never gotten around to sharing the recipe, though there were plenty of requests from friends on Facebook asking for the recipe. And really, this is something that is my duty to share because it’s really yummy. And I know I say that all the time (and I mean it every time I say it), but this time I really mean it. This is one granola you’ll be making every week.
I’ve casually mentioned that I love making coconut milk kefir and I really MUST post about that sometime in the near future because it’s incredible. And the perfect thing to eat with the peanut butter chocolate granola. The tanginess of the kefir goes well with the bitterness of the dark chocolate and sweet pea-nutty granola-y bits. I dare you not to love this combo.
Because it’s the holiday season, I’m making extra big batches of homemade granola because things are super busy. You thought I was going to say that I was making big batches to share with friends and neighbors, didn’t you? Ah, but you see it’s so good, it might not make it that far. Make a batch (scratch that – make it a double batch) and you’ll see what I mean. *wink wink* But really, if you made a few batches to share, I don’t think you’d hear any complaints from anyone.
Now, if you aren’t eating peanut butter due to preference or allergies, you can certainly substitute other kinds of nut or seed butter. If you like milk chocolate more than bittersweet, you go right ahead and use it. The only thing to remember is to make a double batch. (My work here is done.)Print
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola
An easy recipe for vegan, gluten-free peanut butter chocolate granola that will knock your socks off.
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- 3 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1 cup dairy-free bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk coconut oil, peanut butter, brown rice syrup and salt together. Add the oats, coconut, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Spread evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chunks over the granola and let melt for a few minutes. Stir to coat the granola in the semi-melted chocolate. Cool completely and break into chunks. Store in an airtight container.
-Honey or brown rice syrup can be used in place of maple syrup.
-Milk or semi-sweet chocolate can be used in place of bittersweet chocolate.
-Almond or any nut/seed butter can be used in place of peanut butter.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
We love homemade granola here too. We eat ours with fresh fruit and greek yougurt. it is so yummy! Thanks for the recipe. Pinned :)