- 4 cups gluten-free granola (from recipe below, or your favorite)
- Two (10-12 ounce) packages gluten-free chocolate chips (I like Guittard semi-sweet or dark chips)
- 1–2 Tablespoons organic extra virgin coconut oil
- Optional topping: 4–6 ounces gluten-free white chocolate, melted
- Flaked sea salt, such as Maldon
- Melt the chocolate chips in a large bowl set over a pan of simmering water, or place in microwave on 50% power for 1-2 minute increments. Stir in coconut oil, followed by granola. Make sure all of the granola is well-coated with the chocolate.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a small ice cream scoop or two teaspoons, drop mounds of the granola mixture onto the lined sheets.
- If decorating the tops with white chocolate, melt in a bowl over the simmering water, or on 50% power in the microwave. It will need less time – be careful not to let it burn.
- Dip a fork into the white chocolate and drizzle over the cookies in a decorative way. Sprinkle the tops with a little flaked sea salt and set aside to let them cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers between layers of waxed paper in a cool, dry area.
-Prep time does not include time needed for cookies to set up. To speed up the process, place in fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Category: dessert, cookie