- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew pieces
- Filtered water
- 14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk (without additives)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or more, if desired)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Have an automatic ice cream maker ready to go.
- Place the cashew pieces in a medium glass bowl. Cover them with plenty of filtered water as some of the water will be absorbed. Let stand about 8-10 hours. Drain and rinse well. Place into a high-speed blender with the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Puree until smooth. Taste and if desired, add a little more maple syrup to make it sweeter.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container. Freeze until firm enough to scoop.
16 ounces of silken tofu can be used instead of the soaked cashews.
The ice cream can be made without an ice cream maker. Transfer the mixture to a container and freeze for one hour, then whisk, return to freezer and whisk every hour or so, until mixture is thick and frozen enough to scoop.
This freezes pretty solid. Let thaw 10 minutes or so before serving so it’s easier to scoop.
- Prep Time: 12 hours
- Category: Dessert