Fall is just flying by. How is it already nearly the end of the month?! Our new place has so many windows and our yard and our neighbors’ yards have so many trees. I’m sitting in my office now admiring the different fall colors I see out my window. As much as I love warm weather, I still think fall steals my heart. The colors alone! We’ve been discussing the changing seasons with our kids and we did decide fall is pretty amazing because of the bounty available to us. October is for sure pear season and it lasts well into winter too. We’ve been loading up with pears in the way we did with peaches. In other words, you can expect a lot of pear recipes over the next little while sprinkled in with some new Thanksgiving recipes. (But first we’ve got to make it to Halloween!) Açaí bowls are still one of our favorites for breakfast and snacks. Of course, because it is fall, I added some beloved fall fruit – cranberries, pears, and pomegranate.
We like the Sambazon açaí packs a lot. One pack makes enough for a two-serving acai bowl. The banana adds some natural sweetness to offset the tartness of the cranberries. I like adding hemp seeds for extra protein, though chia or flax would work well too. I think you’ll really like this one. It’s a keeper!
If you need more smoothie and açaí bowl ideas, check out these recipes:
Açaí Bowl with Kale and Berries
Cream Machine Green Smoothie Bowl from Simple Green Smoothies
Berry Beet Açaí Bowl from Gourmande in the Kitchen
Açaí Breakfast Bowl from Cooking With Books
Fruit and Nut Açaí Bowls from The Roasted Root
- 1 (4-ounce) package frozen acai puree, slightly thawed
- 1 large ripe pear, cored
- 1 large ripe banana, frozen preferably
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons hemp hearts, optional
- Granola, for topping
- Pomegranate seeds, for topping
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup, for drizzling
- Place acai, pear, banana, cranberries, coconut milk, and hemp hearts into a blender. Puree until smooth. You might need to stop and scrape down sides once or twice as this has a thicker texture.
- Pour into a bowl and top with granola and a little drizzle of pure maple syrup or honey, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
Disclosure: Sample açaí packs were provided by Sambazon.This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small percentage of any sales with no cost to you.