- For ice cream:
- 2 (14 ounce) cans full fat coconut milk or cream
- 1/2 cup soft pitted dates, preferably Medjool
- 2 Tablespoons raw almond butter
- 1–2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- For grilled peaches:
- One peach per person, pitted
- Optional garnishes for serving – pomegranate molasses, rose water, dried organic rose petals, chopped pistachios
- For ice cream – place 1 can coconut milk, dates, almond butter, vanilla, and sea salt into the jar of a blender. Puree until very smooth. Add the other can and pulse a few times until combined. Place in fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes. It shouldn’t be ice cold because the coconut fat will rise to the surface. You want to churn it when it’s just slightly chilled.
- Churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer directions. Transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until firm enough to scoop. Makes about 1 quart.
- For grilled peaches – place the peaches cut side down on a hot grill. Let cook 5 minutes then turn over and let cook another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
- To serve – place peach halves on a dessert place and top with a scoop of the ice cream. Garnish, if desired.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert