The other day I was walking through Trader Joe’s and as I passed by the produce section, I could smell summer. You know that smell? The ripe berries and peaches? Herbs and veggies? I have missed that scent of summer so much. It had me craving a fresh salad with lime dressing – what else? I’ve been all over cauliflower rice the past little while. I don’t know what took me so long to try it. Addictive, I tell you! If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s time. I thought it would be the perfect base for a Thai-inspired salad. I wanted a salad full of fresh, crunchy veggies. And.it.was.incredible.
Thai Cucumber Tomato Salad is one of my summertime favorites. This is a take on that salad with a few modifications. I added diced green apple and carrots to give it a sweet element and thinly sliced kale for extra nutrition. The lime juice, mint, cilantro, and serrano chile makes it even more refreshing. It’s just the thing for a filling, healthy lunch. It can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for up to two days.
Feeling ready for more cauliflower rice inspiration? Here are some other recipes I’ve had my eye on:
Cauliflower Rice with Fried Onions and Sumac from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Indian-Spiced Cauliflower Rice from The Food Charlatan
Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls from The Roasted Root
Smoky Sweet Potatoes and Avocado with Cauliflower Rice from My Whole Food Life
Creamy Coconut Cauliflower Rice from The Slender Kitchen
Cauliflower Dirty Rice with Andouille Sausage from Always Order Dessert
Cauliflower Fried Rice from The Hungry Couple
Thai Cauliflower Rice Salad
A delicious low-carb, vegan, and gluten-free salad full of colorful veggies tossed with cauliflower rice.
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 heaping cups cauliflower florets, about 1/2 head
- 1 cup raw kale, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- Garnish – extra mint, cilantro, lime wedges, and chopped peanuts
- Place cauliflower florets into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse until it finely chopped and transfer to a large bowl. Add the apple, cucumber, carrots, red pepper, peanuts, herbs, chile, and shallot. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, avocado and sesame oils, ginger, and garlic, and a good pinch of salt. Pour over the vegetables. Toss again.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Thai
Lindsey this looks crazy delicious! I love Asian salads because you can just keep piling on the goodness–cilantro, sesame oil, ginger, carrots, cashews, the list goes on! And I’ve never even thought to put cauliflower rice in a salad. Love it! Thanks for including my Indian cauliflower in your round up. You’re great! :)
It sounds amazing!
This looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it.
Love this!! I’m always looking for more way to use cauliflower rice!
So gorgeous! So refreshing! I love the combinations of colors and flavors, great recipe!
I’m all over this! I just need some mint and I’m good to go! I’m thinking it would be killer with some grilled flank steak, too! :)
It totally would!
This is a fantastic recipe, Lindsey. I can’t wait to try it.
Yum, this looks great! What a perfect summer lunch.
This looks so fresh, yet packed with flavor. So great for the summer!