It’s been a little while since I posted a quinoa salad recipe. But that doesn’t mean I’ve stopped making and enjoying them! Sometimes I think if you’ve tasted one quinoa salad, you’ve tasted them all. BUT. This one is really good and not the same as others I’ve made previously. It’s a totally power lunch with all the protein and healthy fats from chickpeas, avocados, coconut, and pepitas. It was a moment of inspiration as I was standing in front of a fridge full of leftovers, and not a bad salad at all, if I do say so myself.
Things have been busy around our house, so I’ve been trying to come up with quick things I can throw together for our lunches and dinners. I love, love, love eating salad, so that’s usually the direction lunch takes. This salad is pretty tasty, but eating it over arugula makes it even more filling and delicious. It took me until I was an adult to fully love eating my leafy greens, and that included arugula. Then I fell head over heels with arugula and it’s in my top 5 favorite greens. I’m making up for all those years I missed out on, I guess.
Here are some other quinoa salads I’ve had my eye on that last little while:
Spring Vegetable Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing from Eats Well With Others
Quinoa Salad with Baked Goat Cheese Rounds from Just A Taste
Vegetarian Quinoa Salad from Around My Family Table
Red Quinoa and Mango Salad from Taste Love + Nourish
Curried Quinoa and Asparagus Salad from The Clever Carrot
My quinoa salad recipes:
Quinoa Salad Soft Tacos
Citrus, Avocado, Quinoa Salad with Citrus Lime Vinaigrette
Quinoa Salad with Red Pepper and Dried Apricots
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Quinoa Buckwheat Salad with Cucumbers
Broccoli Micro-green Quinoa Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons dried coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons raw pepitas
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon raw coconut vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- 4 cups wild baby arugula (or another baby green)
- Toss quinoa, chickpeas, avocado, green onions, coconut flakes, and pepitas together in a medium bowl. Pour the oil and vinegar over the top, sprinkle with the cumin and a pinch of coarse sea salt. Stir well.
- Lay arugula out onto four small salad plates and divide the quinoa salad between them. Serve immediately.
- Note: quinoa salad can be made in advance, but don’t add arugula until just before serving.
- Yield 4 side salads, or 2 main dish
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Salad