- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can agave or honey)
- 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice (or granulated sugar)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out
- 2 to 2 1/4 cups Pamela’s Artisan Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1–2 cups powdered sugar, for rolling and dusting
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk coconut oil, brown rice syrup, evaporated cane juice, vanilla bean, baking soda, salt, and spices together in a medium-large mixing bowl.
- Switch to the spatula or wooden spoon and add 1 cup of the flour and mix well. Add more flour, about 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition so there are no dry ingredients visible. You might not need all of the flour. The dough should be firm and hold together in a ball without being crumbly or too dry. You can chill the dough at this point, or bake right away.
- Form into 36 small balls, about 1/2 tablespoon each. Place on the baking sheets. Bake one sheet at a time for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies are firm and golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool slightly on the cookie sheets. While still fairly warm, roll the cookies in the powdered sugar and let cool completely before storing in a jar or another airtight container.
If you’re not gluten-free, just substitute unbleached all-purpose flour for the Pamela’s blend.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins