- 1 pound new potatoes, sliced into 1/4″ rounds
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1–2 teaspoons butter, for greasing pan
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rub the inside of an 8- by 11-inch baking pan with the clove of garlic and then grease well with the butter.
- In a pan of salted water, cook the potatoes until just tender. Check using the tip of a knife. If it pieces the potato easily, they are done. Drain well.
- Layer the cooked potatoes and the halved Brussels sprouts, seasoning well with salt and pepper. Pour cream evenly over the top of the vegetables and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: French