As a member of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network I get to team up with great brands and participate in fun campaigns. A big thank you to McCormick for sponsoring this post! All opinions expressed are 100% mine, as always. Update: Our team won the bake sale competition! Thank you for all of your pins! You can find my team members and their winning recipes listed below.
School is back in session! My kids have already been coming home with flyers announcing fundraisers and bake sales. And that means cookies. :) McCormick sent me a fun package full of several extracts, spices and food coloring to help inspire me to come up with a great bake sale item to share with you. I’ve always noticed that the bake sale items that sell out most often are based on classics like chocolate chip cookies and brownies. So for my recipe, I put my own twist on a great recipe from McCormick to create Raspberries n’ Cream Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies. That’s a mouthful, right? A delicious mouthful.
I’m part of a team of 5 other fabulous bloggers and we are holding Virtual Bake Sale on Pinterest. How fun is that? Each of my team members have also come up with a drool-worthy recipe for the bake sale. Keep reading to find out how you can “buy” one of these yummy cookies or brownies.
|Clockwise from upper left corner
Just like with a regular bake sale, you have the chance to “buy” our baked goodies by repinning them from a special Pinterest board. Will you help us out? We are up against five other teams composed of our fellow bloggers and we are hoping to win! There’s something in it for you too – something you’ll really love! By repinning directly from the McCormick Virtual Bake Sale Board, you’ll be entered to win a $75 McCormick Gift Pack with extracts, spices and other items to help inspire you to make your own creations. Yay! The giveaway details and requirements are below the cookie recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup freeze dried raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Adapted from this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Giveaway is now closed.