As a member of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network I get to team up with great brands and participate in fun campaigns. A big thank you to McCormick for sponsoring this post! All opinions expressed are 100% mine, as always. Update: Our team won the bake sale competition! Thank you for all of your pins! You can find my team members and their winning recipes listed below.
School is back in session! My kids have already been coming home with flyers announcing fundraisers and bake sales. And that means cookies. :) McCormick sent me a fun package full of several extracts, spices and food coloring to help inspire me to come up with a great bake sale item to share with you. I’ve always noticed that the bake sale items that sell out most often are based on classics like chocolate chip cookies and brownies. So for my recipe, I put my own twist on a great recipe from McCormick to create Raspberries n’ Cream Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies. That’s a mouthful, right? A delicious mouthful.
I’m part of a team of 5 other fabulous bloggers and we are holding Virtual Bake Sale on Pinterest. How fun is that? Each of my team members have also come up with a drool-worthy recipe for the bake sale. Keep reading to find out how you can “buy” one of these yummy cookies or brownies.
|Clockwise from upper left corner|
Chocolate Caramel Cookie Blondies by Emily from is this REALLy my life?
Just like with a regular bake sale, you have the chance to “buy” our baked goodies by repinning them from a special Pinterest board. Will you help us out? We are up against five other teams composed of our fellow bloggers and we are hoping to win! There’s something in it for you too – something you’ll really love! By repinning directly from the McCormick Virtual Bake Sale Board, you’ll be entered to win a $75 McCormick Gift Pack with extracts, spices and other items to help inspire you to make your own creations. Yay! The giveaway details and requirements are below the cookie recipe.
Raspberries ‘n Cream Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolaty cookies chock full of real raspberries and creamy real white chocolate chips.
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 dozen 1x
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup freeze dried raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Adapted from this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Giveaway is now closed.
Holy Y to the ES. These look amazing. So not gluten free and so worth feeling like crap afterwards. I love chocolate with tangy berries!
Your photos are so dang beautiful! My favorite is the top one. Amazing!
Those are beautiful & look amazing!!
These look SO YUMMY! I heart chocolate cookies and love the splash of red (I like red). Dig the addition of McCormick’s flavorings to boost the ingredients.
Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
You win for all the pretty pictures of tasty things, raspberry and chocolate are one of my favorite combos. Yum!
Cool use of raspberry extract. This looks like a keeper recipe for sure!