We decided to make a simple Layered Ice Cream Pie with Sugar Cone Crust. Old Fashioned Vanilla and Oregon Strawberry were our red and white layers. For the blue layer on top, we used fresh blueberries. The crust is very much like a graham crack crust, except that it tastes like a buttery ice cream cone. All of the goodness of a double scoop on a sugar cone in a pie!
If you’re a Tillamook fan like we are, be sure to take part in the Loaf Love Tour happening now. Check the schedule to see when they’ll be in your area. For all of you Utah locals, there is a fun Golden Ticket Giveaway happening in the grocery store stops on the Loaf Love Tour. Find out more info here.
- For sugar cone crust:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar cone crumbs (from 8 ounces of whole cones)
- 8 Tablespoons melted butter
- For ice cream pie:
- 1.75 quart container Tillamook vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 4 cups Tillamook strawberry, slightly softened
- 2–2 1/2 cups whole blueberries
- For sugar cone crust:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the crumbs and melted butter. Stir well with a fork. Grease a 9 or 10″ springform pan.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about and 1 to 1 1/2″ up the side. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- For ice cream pie: Stir softened strawberry ice cream with a wooden spoon until spreadable. Spread over the bottom of the crust. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Stir vanilla ice cream until spreadable. Spread on top of the strawberry layer. Place in freezer to harden for 20-30 minutes. Remove from freezer and top with blueberries. Press into the vanilla layer so they don’t roll around. Cover and freeze until completely firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Fill a large bowl with very hot water. Quickly dip the spring form pan into the water and remove the outer ring. Transfer to a platter. Cut into wedges using a large, chef’s knife.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Disclosure: Tillamook provided us with coupons for their ice cream. All thoughts and opinions are our own.