- 1 large fennel bulb, cut in half lengthwise, hard inner core removed, thinly shaved, green fronds reserved
- 2 oz. (or more) Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved (use a vegetable peeler)
- Drizzle each: the best olive oil and balsamic vinegar you can find
- sprinkle of coarse sea salt (I used sel gris)
- Arrange shaved fennel in four bowls. Top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamico. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and reserved green fronds. Serve immediately.
- Makes enough for 4.
*Really good, aged balsamico will cost you a pretty penny. Mine isn’t the most expensive kind and I got it as a gift. When it runs out, I’ll reduce less expensive vinegar down to a syrup and use that in place of the balsamico.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Italian