- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups diced tart apples* (I didn’t peel them)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1–2 tsp. oil
- sprinkling of salt and pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tsp.)
- 6 cups assorted leafy greens
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp. good extra virgin olive oil
- a few sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, broken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss diced butternut and apples with the honey, oil, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Place in a baking dish and roast for about 45 minutes, or until squash and apples are tender. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- After the butternut and apples are cooled, arrange the greens on a serving platter. Top with the butternut and apples, followed by the pecans. Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and thyme Drizzle over the salad and serve.
- *If you don’t care for the texture of roasted apples, use fresh instead.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Main, Side, Salad
- Cuisine: American