- For Dutch Pancakes:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- For Sautéed Apples:
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. brandy (optional, but yummy)
- For Dutch Pancakes – Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, and salt together. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. While whisking, slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk well to get out any lumps. Let stand for 15-20 minutes while oven finishes preheating.
- Place the 1/4 cup butter in a 9″ by 13″ glass or metal baking dish and put it in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until all of the butter is melted and piping hot. Quickly pour the batter into the pan, without removing it from the oven, and bake for about 25 minutes or until the pancake is golden and puffy.
- While pancake is baking, prepare apple topping.
- For Sautéed Apples – heat a non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the butter. When the butter starts to bubble and foam up, add the apple slices and brown sugar. Lower the heat and sauté until the apples start to soften and turn golden. Add the brandy and cook for a few minutes longer, until syrupy.
- To serve – cut the Dutch pancake into squares and top with a spoonful of the sautéed apples.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Dutch