The other day I was walking through Trader Joe’s and as I passed by the produce section, I could smell summer. You know that smell? The ripe berries and peaches? Herbs and veggies? I have missed that scent of summer so much. It had me craving a fresh salad with lime dressing – what else? I’ve been all over cauliflower rice the past little while. I don’t know what took me so long to try it. Addictive, I tell you! If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s time. I thought it would be the perfect base for a Thai-inspired salad. I wanted a salad full of fresh, crunchy veggies. And.it.was.incredible.
Thai Cucumber Tomato Salad is one of my summertime favorites. This is a take on that salad with a few modifications. I added diced green apple and carrots to give it a sweet element and thinly sliced kale for extra nutrition. The lime juice, mint, cilantro, and serrano chile makes it even more refreshing. It’s just the thing for a filling, healthy lunch. It can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for up to two days.
Feeling ready for more cauliflower rice inspiration? Here are some other recipes I’ve had my eye on:
Cauliflower Rice with Fried Onions and Sumac from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Indian-Spiced Cauliflower Rice from The Food Charlatan
Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls from The Roasted Root
Smoky Sweet Potatoes and Avocado with Cauliflower Rice from My Whole Food Life
Creamy Coconut Cauliflower Rice from The Slender Kitchen
Cauliflower Dirty Rice with Andouille Sausage from Always Order Dessert
Cauliflower Fried Rice from The Hungry Couple
- 2 heaping cups cauliflower florets, about ½ head
- 1 cup raw kale, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced
- ½ large cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1½ Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- Garnish - extra mint, cilantro, lime wedges, and chopped peanuts
- Place cauliflower florets into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse until it finely chopped and transfer to a large bowl. Add the apple, cucumber, carrots, red pepper, peanuts, herbs, chile, and shallot. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, avocado and sesame oils, ginger, and garlic, and a good pinch of salt. Pour over the vegetables. Toss again.