Yes. I went there. Believe me when I say that Caramel Peach Ice Cream is definitely where you want to go. Pinky swear. It kinda started when we bought our first pint of the best sea salt caramel gelato we’ve ever tasted. Now you might be tired of seeing salted caramel this and that and the other. But I’m not tired of it. Oh, boy am I completely, 100% not tired of it. I think we need to make up for all the time in our lives when we didn’t have salted caramel in it. And well, frankly, when I have sea salt caramel ice cream and fresh Utah peaches on my mind, this ice cream is the natural intersection. And frankly, I don’t want to ever know a summer, winter, fall or spring without this ice cream again. I’m going to spend autumn getting better acquainted with it. Peaches and caramel. Can’t.get.enough.
I mean you think salted caramel ice cream is the thing you want as part of your final meal. Then this ice cream comes around and you realize that your life won’t ever be complete until you get another spoonful. Then it just turns into a vicious/delicious cycle of putting the bowl back in the freezer, trying to concentrate on working or laundry, and then the more you try to forget the ice cream in the freezer, the more you remember it’s there. Then pretty soon the entire bowl is gone and you find yourself looking around to see if anyone is watching so you can lick the bowl clean.
Caramel Peach Ice Cream
Buttery caramel and sweet, fruity peaches come together in this incredible homemade ice cream.
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 1 1/2 quarts 1x
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4–6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup peach puree (blend the peaches in a blender)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle 2/3 cup of the sugar over the bottom of a heavy duty 3 to 4-quart saucepan or pot. Heat gently until the sugar melts and becomes a golden amber color. Remove from heat and immediately add the hot cream. Stir with a wooden spoon and heat gently over medium heat until all of the caramel has dissolved into the cream. Add milk. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and the salt. Pour the hot cream mixture into the eggs in a slow, steady stream while whisking. Pour back into the pan and and cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens and the temperature is 170 degrees F on an instant read thermometer. Remove from heat and immediately pour through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Add the peach puree and vanilla extract. Let cool slightly, then cover tightly with plastic wrap chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, or until very cold.
- Churn according to manufacturer directions. Transfer ice cream to a freezer-proof container and tightly cover. Let harden in freezer for a few hours or until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Your photos are amazing!
I love ANYTHING you make, especially if it’s ice cream. Your blog is out of this world friend. sending love!!
I need to find some peaches now!!
These photos are unreal. Please print one and very large!