I’ve been working on a big project that I’ve been dying to tell you about! I teamed up with Jen and Jadah from Simple Green Smoothies and Meg from My Wholefood Romance to create this amazing Fresh Start 21 Day Cleanse Guide. It’s all finished and became available last week. Yay! It’s so satisfying to see all the hard work become something tangible and beautiful. I’m so proud to have been a part of this!
Just an FYI, there’s a live cleanse starting this week on August 5th with the gals behind the guide. The community of “cleansers” is growing and it’s definitely something you’ll want to get in on. There’s even a private Facebook support group for anyone doing the cleanse. It just gets better and better! (More about that at the bottom of this post.)
Jen and Jadah asked me to join the team as the food photographer. The picture above is one of my very favorites from the ebook–the recipe is delicious too. :) These gals knew that I shared their food philosophy and love of green smoothies. I was so happy to work with them on this! I also had the chance to “meet” Meg Thompson, a Holistic Naturopath and Nutritionist and creator of the website, My Wholefood Romance. (I adore these women!) Meg is the gal behind most of the recipes in the cleanse and her expertise as a nutritionist is invaluable. Some of the recipes are her everyday family favorites, and some were specially created for this project. Jen, Jadah and I also contributed some of our own tried-and-true favorite recipes. This guide is loaded with healthy goodness!
Just to give you a little history about my journey to healthy eating…
A few years ago I was up late one night on the computer and started blog hopping. I eventually landed on the blog of a girl who had decided to go vegan for health reasons. I was intrigued and just like that I decided to try it out. I was very enthusiastic at first. I’d always joked that I could totally be a vegetarian if I only liked vegetables. Ha!
To get started, I followed along with a vegan cleanse that she was doing. It basically consisted of a list of do’s and don’ts from her blog according to her experiences in switching to a plant-based diet. This was all new, uncharted territory for me and I got frustrated because I had no idea what I was doing! I kept with the outline and experimented a little bit with new recipes or made substitutions to old recipes. But it was still really difficult for me. I also lacked a support group. I was entirely on my own!
I managed to stick with it for the specified amount of time and then ate a strictly plant-based, gluten-free diet for a long time afterwards. BUT it was so easy to slip back into my old ways. I eventually cheated on the gluten-free aspect as well as beginning to eat dairy again. I could tell that I wasn’t feeling as good as I had been when I eliminated those things from my diet. Ding, ding, ding! I am actually intolerant of both of those things! It took me a really long time to muddle my way through learning to enjoy eating healthy and change my lifestyle. (I still have a few cheats here and there.)
Fast forward to today – I’m in a good place with my diet where I’m finally incorporating as many fruits and veggies, especially leafy greens, as I can into my meals. And enjoying it. :) I’m 100% gluten-free. And I feel so much better! I’ve even done a few juice cleanses – something I thought I would never do. The juice cleanses are more drastic and were especially challenging for me. I still enjoy fresh juices, but committing to a full cleanse is a big deal!
So that’s a brief version of my history with cleansing and changing my diet. I did it on my own. I failed miserably at times. My family did not love my cooking experiments. I wish so much that I could have had this Fresh Start 21-Day Cleanse to help me on my way. It was just what I was looking for back then.
A lot of people have asked me for tips on going gluten-free or eliminating dairy and/or meat from their diet. I can’t think of a better way to get started than to just do it! A gentle cleanse like this one is a great way to jump-start your health and ease your way into eliminating certain foods, if that’s your goal. It really does help you feel better and it’s good to clear out the toxins in your system from time to time. Your body will thank you!
Without further ado, here are the details about the cleanse for any of you who are interested. It might be something you’ve already been considering, or maybe this is the first time you’ve entertained the thought. Either way, it’s really great and I’m happy share it with you.
What’s included in the 21-Day Cleanse Guide
FRESH START: A 21-DAY CLEANSE GUIDE (PDF)
- Cleanse Introduction – how to get started, what to eat, what to avoid and everything else to help you along the way so you don’t feel lost, shocked, or unprepared.
- Three weekly meal plans with amazing recipes created by a holistic nutritionist
- 40 mouth-watering recipes – breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks to get you feeling more energized, focused and alert.
- Recipes for an invigorating Morning Tonic Tea and six simple, refreshing fruit- and herb-infused waters.
- 12 green smoothie recipes to help detoxify your body, strengthen your immune system, boost your energy and make your skin glow.
- FAQ’s – get detailed answers to the most common cleanse questions answered by Meg Thompson, a holistic nutritionist.
PRIVATE CLEANSE SUPPORT GROUP
- Instant access and daily check-ins with a private support group of other cleanse members. You’ll have access 24/7 with a community of people (including me, Jen, Jadah and Meg) who are doing or have done the same cleanse for extra support and camaraderie. (The excitement and positive energy in the group is contagious!)
Fresh Start Printables PDF:
- weekly printer-friendly shopping lists (with exact measurements) so you purchase exactly what you need and don’t waste money or overbuy produce
- printer-friendly meal plans and recipes to print and post on your fridge for easy accessibility
- post-cleanse questionnaire to help you make healthy eating your lifestyle.
Fresh Start Bonus Recipes PDF:
- Extra recipes! There were just too many recipes to choose from. The bonus PDF includes the yummy extra recipes and photos that didn’t fit into the cleanse itself, but were too good not to share or include in some way. Perfect for continuing post-cleanse healthy eating!
Are you ready to join in on the 21-Day Cleanse? You can purchase it here.