As if there weren’t enough cookies in my cupboard, I made another batch of cookies that I’m so excited to share with you. You know, just to shake it up with all the healthy salads and stuff. Mango White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Hello, tasty cookies!
I’ve been wanting to make these cookies for a very long time. It took a very long time because every time I popped by Trader Joe’s for some dried mango (such a good price!) the bag would disappear within a few minutes. Last week we stopped at TJ’s and I snagged two bags thinking I would stash one away secretly so I could finally make these cookies. My husband was just as sneaky and bought another bag on his own. So we ended up with three bags. The first did disappear within minutes. The second made it into these cookies. And the third is in my secret hiding spot. Ha!
Oh, I love these cookies! They turned out just like I was hoping they would. My husband loved them too, but we both agreed that we need to try them again with dried pineapple. Um, yes. That needs to happen as soon as possible.
The other great thing about these cookies is that they are gluten-free and vegan. I love that. I really, really do. They are quite different than the Hazelnut Butter Toffee-Chocolate Chip Cookies, which I professed to be my new favorite cookie. I like these a lot too, and both are in my freezer hanging out for when a little afternoon craving hits.
I based this recipe off my Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut-Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies. The dough is a great base for any variation on chocolate chip cookies. If you aren’t gluten-free, just use all-purpose flour in place of the GF flours. You might need to bake a few test cookies to make sure they don’t spread too much. If they do, add another 1/2 cup of flour.Print
- 8 oz. organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar or sucanat
- 1 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed mixed with 6 Tbsp. water (let stand for 5 minutes)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup toasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup diced dried mango
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate (if you aren’t dairy-free, use regular white chocolate chips)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the coconut oil and sugars together. Add the flax “eggs” and vanilla. Mix well to combine. Stir or sift together the dry ingredients. Add a little at a time to the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition. Add the coconut, macadamia nuts, mango and white chocolate.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to scoop mounds of dough onto parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway during baking.
- Remove cookies from oven when they are lightly golden. Allow too cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before removing to cooling racks to finish cooling.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American