Sweetheart’s Breakfast Ideas

A few ideas I have kicking around in my brain for possible Valentine’s Day breakfasts:

(image via Williams-Sonoma)
Waffle Napoleons with Raspberry Cream

(image via Williams-Sonoma)

Brazilian French Toast

(image via Williams-Sonoma)

Brûléed Orange French Toast

Homemade Poptarts

Crepes with Fresh Rhubarb and Strawberries (can you even find rhubarb at this time of year?)

Croissants ( a lofty goal unless I buy them…)

Or the old standby–

(image via Martha Stewart)
Heart-shaped Pancakes (using my favorite recipe from Cooks’ Illustrated)

10 Responses to “Sweetheart’s Breakfast Ideas”

1. Allysha February 10, 2009 at 5:27 pm #

Can I come over to your house that morning! It all looks delish!

2. cortney February 10, 2009 at 5:28 pm #

At the sunflower market in south orem they have a bag of frozen rubarb chunks and I love them for baking.

3. Calamity Anne February 10, 2009 at 7:53 pm #

The Brûléed Orange French Toast has got my tummy rumbling!!!

4. {natalie} February 10, 2009 at 11:56 pm #

i think we are going for heart pancakes and bacon and sausage. those all look really delicious!

5. Gabe's Girl February 11, 2009 at 12:27 am #

How do you even begin to pick the winner? Wow!

6. Cafe Johnsonia February 11, 2009 at 12:32 am #

Cortney! Thank you! I saw that there last week and totally forgot.

7. Carrian February 11, 2009 at 12:55 am #

Have you made the Brazillian french toast? They are really good, but deep fried in the morning made me feel a little gross. That brulle one looks amazing!!

8. Cafe Johnsonia February 11, 2009 at 4:35 am #

Carrian–
    I haven’t ever made the Brazilian French Toast, but I had something similar when I was in Costa Rica one time. (And yes, I know Central America and Brazil are totally different. And I don’t even know if they really eat French Toast in Brazil…I’ll have to ask my Brazilian relatives…)

Anyway, I think that’s actually what I’ve decided to make, but we will NOT be deep frying–just in a bit of oil or butter in the nonstick skillet. :)

9. LindaSue February 11, 2009 at 5:01 am #

oh yum! The waffles napoleons look like a winner for me!

10. Mary Ann February 11, 2009 at 6:47 pm #

All of the choices look fab, but I am a simple waffle girl and the raspberry cream- yummy!
    What time are you serving breakfast? lol